Gluten Free Almond Hotcakes with Maple Ricotta
These gluten free almond hotcakes with maple ricotta are the perfect weekend brunch option. The ground almonds makes the hotcakes healthier, full of protein and deliciously nutty, so you can happily go back for seconds! Use any seasonal fruit as a topping (we love strawberries!), with a lavish amount of maple syrup and ricotta.
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 25 mins Makes: 8 hotcakes
For the hotcakes
- 250g Alison’s Pantry ground almonds
- 2 Woodland Eggs
- 200ml Anchor blue milk
- ½ tsp gluten free baking powder
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp Anchor butter, for frying
For the toppings
- 1/3 cup Alison’s Pantry sliced natural almonds, toasted
- ¾ cup Perfect Italiano ricotta
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries or fresh fruit, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200?.
- For the hotcakes: Mix the ground almonds, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix the eggs, milk and 2 tsp of maple syrup together.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until combined. Let sit for 2 mins.
- Heat ½ tsp of butter in a nonstick frying pan. Pour cup of hotcake batter in and cook for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles form on the top, then carefully flip over and cook the other side. Repeat this step with all the batter, adding butter as needed.
- Pop in the oven for 7 minutes before serving.
- For the toppings: In a bowl whip the ricotta with maple syrup and vanilla extract until well combined.