BBQ Beer Can Chicken Caesar Recipe
Beer can chicken is a fun way to cook chicken on the bbq, plus it’s a real crowd pleaser when made into our delicious chicken caesar salad. We use Greek yoghurt and avocado in the dressing to make it extra creamy.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 75 mins Serves: 4
For the Chicken
- 1 Waitoa Whole Chicken
- 1 can Emerson’s Into The Valley Raspberry Sour
- 1 tbsp Mrs Rogers Authentic Southern Style Chicken Blend
- Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil
For the Caesar
- 1/3 cup Mainland Parmesan, grated
- 2 of The Fresh Grower Mini Crunchita Cos, roughly chopped – leave a few leaves for serving
- 6 Delmaine anchovy fillets
For the Dressing
- 1 New Zealand Avocado
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 cup Anchor Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Olivado Avocado Garlic Oil
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Zest & Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 Delmaine Anchovy Fillets
Beer Match: Emerson’s Into The Valley Raspberry Sour
- For the Chicken: Make sure chicken is clean and dry. Rub with oil and Mrs Rogers spice blend. Open your beer can and take a few sips – you want the can to be around ¾ full. Lift your bird and mount the cavity over the open beer can. Transfer your beer can chicken to your BBQ griddle, balancing the bird with the 2 legs and beer can. Cook the chook over a medium indirect heat (180C) for roughly 1hr – 1hr 15, or until the juice runs clear. Rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- For the Dressing: Blitz the avocado, garlic, Greek yoghurt, worcestershire sauce, lemon and anchovy fillets in a food processor until you have a smooth dressing.
- For the Caesar: Dress the cos with the avocado yoghurt dressing and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Serve chicken alongside caesar with a crispy cold can of beer and devour while hot!