Super Easy Stuffed Tofu Pockets
Stuffed tofu pockets are our new favourite snack. We top ours with 3 tasty greens: avocado, nori (dried seaweed) and edamame beans. Using microwave rice makes them fast and easy. You can find tofu pockets at Asian grocery stores & tofu shops.
Prep time: 10-20 mins Cook time: 5 mins Makes: 24
- 1 Pouch of SunRice Brown Rice
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- 1 Carrot, peeled & grated
- 1 tbsp Pickled Ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 NZ Avocado, scooped & diced
- 1 Nori Sheet, toasted & cut into thin slithers
- ½ cup Shelled Edamame Beans, lightly steamed
- 12 Tofu Pockets, cut in into halves, lightly blanched & patted dry
- ¼ cup Japanese Mayonnaise
- Heat rice in the microwave as per packet instructions.
- In a bowl combine rice, sesame oil, soy sauce, mirin, carrot & ginger and mix to combine.
- Fill each tofu pocket with two teaspoons of the rice mixture. Top pockets with avocado, nori, edamame, mayo and extra pickled ginger. Dig in.