Zingy Middle Eastern Beef Bowl with Dukkah
We’ve been inspired by Middle Eastern flavours for this healthy beef bowl. Using fresh herbs and pomegranate seeds make it zing. It’s best to temper the beef beforehand.
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 15 mins Serves: 4
- 1kg Pure South 55 day Aged Beef
- 2 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1 Microwave Pouch of SunRice Brown Rice & Quinoa
- 1 can Chantal Organics Chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 tbsp Harissa
- 1 Pomegranate, seeds only
- Large handful of Superb Herb Mint & Dill, roughly chopped plus extra for garnish
- 1 ½ cups Spinach Leaves
- ½ cup Pitted Olives
- ½ cup Store bought Beetroot Hummus
- Bunch of Baby Carrots
- ½ cup Dukkah
- For the carrots & chickpeas: lather carrots in harissa and oil and bake for 20 minutes on 200C. When you have 10 minutes to go, do the same to the chickpeas.
- For the Beef: Crank the BBQ up to full heat. Lather the beef in salt, pepper and oil. Char on the bbq for 25 minutes flipping every 5 minutes to get even char on all sides. Make sure bbq stays around 200C. Rest.
- Roll beef in Dukkah and thinly slice.
- To Assemble: Microwave the brown rice and quinoa cup as per packet instructions. Divide microwaved rice and quinoa into 4 bowls.
- Arrange beef, chickpeas, pomegranate seeds, spinach, carrots, hummus and olives in bowls and sprinkle with remaining dukkah. Top with fresh herbs and devour!