Easy Bacon & Egg Pizza Recipe
Pizza is great any time of the day or night, so why not crack some eggs on it and have it for breakkie. The flatbread base is simple and easy to make – that’s what we like!
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Serve: 2
For the pizza topping:
- 3 free-range streaky bacon rasher (we love Hellers)
- 3 eggs (we love Woodland)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated (we love Mainland)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (we love Chantal Organics)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- A handful of chopped Italian parsley (we love Superb Herb)
For the flatbread base:
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (we love Olivado)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plain yogurt (we love Anchor)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup semolina
We love to serve the pizza with tasty Bird Dog IPA (we love Emerson’s) beer.
We used a Le Creuset Cast Iron Round Skillet to make this pizza.
The flatbread base
- Mix the self raising flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Pour in the yogurt and olive oil. Knead for 1 minute, or until a soft dough forms.
- Cover and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Roll it out on a floured & semolina surface.
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Heat a large cast iron pan on the stovetop and drizzle with olive oil and semolina.
- Transfer the flatbread to the pan.
- While the flatbread base in frying,carefully add the pizza sauce and smooth over with a knife or spoon. Sprinkle on the grated cheese, lay the bacon rashers over, crack the eggs over the pizza. Sprinkle with salt and chilli flakes
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the egg white is cooked through and bacon is crispy
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and a drizzle of olive oil. Devour while hot!