Bacon, Egg, Tomato & Herb Cups
These super cute breakfast cups are easy to make, tasty and topped with a half-cooked egg yolk. They are beautiful on their own or accompanied by a side salad for a light lunch.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 23 minutes Makes: 12
12 rashers streaky bacon (we love Hellers)
12 cherry tomatoes (we love Beekist)
A handful of finely chopped chives and parsley (we love Superb Herb)
12 free-range eggs (we love Woodland)
200g parmesan – finely grated (we love Mainland)
Salt & pepper
A drizzle extra virgin olive oil (we love Olivado)
Tomato sauce – optional (we love Chantal Organics)
We used a Le Creuset 12 cup muffin tray
- Preheat oven to 200°C and grease the muffin tray with olive oil.
- Wrap 1 bacon strip around the sides of each muffin hole in a circle and place a muffin case inside. Fill with baking beans. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Take the case and baking beans out and set aside.
- Separate the yolks from the whites being very careful to keep yolks whole.
- In a bowl mix together the whites, herbs, parmesan and season with a little salt and pepper (remember the parmesan is salty so just a wee pinch of salt).
- Divide the egg white mixture into the bacon “cups” and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and add one egg yolk to the top of each hole and bake for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with some tomato sauce!