Fragrant Oriental Chicken & Corn Soup Recipe
After a comforting and delicious meal? Then look no further than this Fragrant Oriental chicken and corn soup. It’s simple to prepare and ultra nourishing.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Serves: 4-5
- 1L Chicken Stock
- 2 Waitoa Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Sesame Oil
- 1 knob Ginger, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 420g can of Creamed Corn
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 2 Woodland Eggs
- A dash Lee Kum Kee Gluten Free Soy Sauce, to taste
- 2 Spring Onions, finely chopped
- A handful Superb Herb Coriander, chopped
- Bring chicken stock to the boil. Place chicken breasts in the stock and turn down to a gentle simmer. Cook for roughly 10-14 minutes depending on the size of the breasts.
- Remove chicken, cool and shred. Reserve stock.
- Heat a pot to low heat, drizzle 1 tbsp of sesame oil, fry off ginger and garlic for 2 minutes until aromatic. Add stock and creamed corn. Add the shredded chicken and bring back to the boil.
- Mix cornflour with a little cold water to form a thin paste. Pour into the soup whisking constantly.
- Mix the eggs in a bowl with a little chicken soup from the pot then drizzle egg mixture into the pot very slowly.
- Season with soy sauce and garnish with spring onions and coriander.