A Saucy Chicken Puttanesca Spaghetti Recipe You’ll Love
Our saucy Chicken Puttanesca is just divine. Puttanesca is a famous Neapolitan tomato sauce typically include tomatoes, olive oil, anchovies, olives, capers and garlic.
Prep time: 5-10 mins Cook time: 40 mins Serves: 4-6
- 500g Diamond Spaghetti
- 8 Waitoa Chicken Thigh Fillets (about 1kg)
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics Tomato Paste
- ½ cup Superb Herb Oregano
- ¾ cup Church Road White Wine
- ½ cup Mainland Parmesan, grated
- 2 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Garlic Cloves, finely sliced
- 4 Anchovy fillets
- 1 cup Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 3 tbsp Capers
- 2 Lemons
- Salt, to taste
- Water, 1 cup
We used a Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Marmite
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat oil in a casserole dish on medium-high heat. Add chicken and fry until browned, about 8 mins.
- Remove chicken, then turn heat down to medium. Add garlic and anchovies to the casserole dish and fry for 2 mins, stirring so they don’t catch. Add tomato paste, olives, wine, capers, peel from 1 lemon and oregano, and fry for 5 mins, stirring often.
- Return chicken to the casserole dish, pour in 1 cup of water, then remove from heat and pop in the oven. Bake for 25 mins, until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- To serve: spoon pasta into bowls, top with chicken puttanesca, a sprinkle of parmesan, and lemon wedges. Delizioso!