Best Curried Mince & Chilli Garlic Rice
Oldie but a GOODIE. Sometimes you hit the jackpot with a recipe. All culinary forces just come together for a mouth-watering hit every time you make it. Ladies and gentlemen, this is one of those recipes!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
For the mince:
- 500gm lean beef mince
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, crushed
- 1/2 tin canned tomatoes (we love Chantal Organics)
- 1 Tbsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 cup tomato relish
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups water
For the rice:
- 2 pouches Brown & Red Rice Infused with Chilli and Garlic (we love SunRice)
- A handful coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (we love Olivado)
- Heat a drizzle of coconut oil in a large saucepan over a high heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, curry and chilli powder. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is soft and well mixed.
- Add mince. Cook over a medium heat, breaking it up with a fork until browned.
- Mix in tomato relish, salt and 1 cup water and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes and peas. Cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens a little
- Heat the rice as per packet instructions. Add 1 tsp coconut oil, a pinch of sea salt and a handful of chopped coriander to serve.