Chicken, Broccolini, Lemon & Basil Risotto
A simple one-pot baked chicken broccolini risotto delicately flavoured with lemon and basil. The green sweet stem broccoli makes this dish not only attractive but also well-balanced. Your family will love this.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes Serves: 4
- 8 chicken thighs (we love Waitoa)
- 1 cup Arborio rice (we love SunRice)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced and 1 to serve
- 1 cup white wine (we love Ara Sauvignon Blanc)
- 3 cups chicken stock (we love Simon Gault)
- A packet of sweet stem broccoli, blanched (we love The Fresh Grower)
- A handful of fresh basil (we love Superb Herb)
- Olivado Basil Infused avocado oil
- Parmesan cheese, grated (we love Perfect Italiano)
We used Le Creuset signature cast iron shallow casserole to make this risotto.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a large casserole, heat the oil over medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt then saute until brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the onion and garlic until translucent. Add rice and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and cook until the liquid is almost evaporated, then add the chicken stock.
- Arrange the chicken back into the pan with the lemon slices.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered or until rice and chicken is cooked through.
- Arrange blanched broccolini and basil on top of the risotto.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese,basil infused oil and some freshly squeezed lemon juice to serve. Devour!