Crunchy Fried Giant Prawns with Avocado Aioli Recipe
These crunchy fried giant prawns are the perfect party appetizer. They’ll be gobbled up in seconds.
Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Serves: 4 as a snack
For The Prawns
- 400g Sea Cuisine Raw Whole Black Tiger Prawns, shelled,heads & tails left on
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 Woodland Eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp Mrs Rogers Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil, for deep frying
For the Avocado Aioli
- 1 NZ Avocado
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Anchor Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup Superb Herb Basil leaves
- Salt & pepper, to taste
We used Handee Ultra Paper Towels
- For the prawns: In a bowl stir together flour, salt and paprika. Whisk eggs in one bowl and pour panko crumbs into another.
- Heat avocado oil in a wok until hot (190C).
- Dip prawns into flour mix, then whisked egg, then finally into panko crumbs to coat. Fry a few in the oil at a time, until golden brown, about 2-3 mins. Remove with a metal slotted spoon and place on a paper towel. Repeat with remaining prawns.
- For the avocado aioli: scoop avocado pulp, discarding the seed and skin. Add all aioli ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste. Spoon into a dipping bowl.
- Serve hot crunchy fried prawns with avocado aioli. Yum!