Easy Japanese Prawn Toast Recipe
The Miso flavoured Mayonnaise transforms our Prawn toast. It is incredibly easy to make and so delicious. Sure to impress your friends and family. Easy Japaneezy!
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 15 mins Serves: 4
- ½ cup Best Foods mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbsp miso paste (white miso)
- 350g Sea Cuisine peeled uncooked prawns
- 1 red onion – sliced
- Zest of a lime
- 1 tsp Lee Kum Kee sesame oil
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- A drizzle Vegetable oil
- Superb Herb coriander & garlic chives
- Heat oven to 220C fan grill.
- l Line a flat baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread the sourdough slices out on your baking tray and drizzle with a little veggie oil. Grill until golden on one side. Take out of the oven and flip sourdough.
- Mix mayo and 1 1/2 tbsp of miso in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place prawns, red onion, lime zest, sesame oil and miso in a food processor and pulse until just combined.
- On the flipped side of sourdough, spread 1 tsp of the miso mayo and spread 2 heaped tbsps of the prawn mixture on top. Place back under the grill for 5-7 minutes until prawn mixture is cooked through and golden.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of fresh coriander, garlic chives and extra miso mayo.
Tip; The taste, flavour, texture, and appearance of miso varies a lot. White miso is the most commonly used variety, softer & lighter than other types.