A delicious twist on an Anzac biscuit recipe, JAZZ™ Apples has partnered with Gretchen Lowe to create an incredibly simple oaty butterscotch and apple crumble. New season JAZZ™ Apples are grown in sun-drenched Nelson and Hawke’s Bay orchards creating a tangy-sweet flavour that cuts through the caramel for a not-too-sweet (but rich) dessert.
Salted Butterscotch & JAZZ™ Apple ANZAC Crumble
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g cold butter cubed
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 6 JAZZ™ Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2/3 cup caramel (I used Highlander caramel)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 30g butter, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- For the topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add the butter cubes and rub into dry ingredients to resemble breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the oats, then set aside in a fridge while you cut the apples.
- Toss the chopped apples well with the caramel sauce and salt.
- Split the mixture between 4-6 ramekins, top each with a knob of butter then sprinkle the oaty topping evenly all over each.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the apples are bubbling and the crumble is golden brown.
- Serve with lots of ice cream