Almond & Orange Anzac Biscuits
Anzac biscuits full of orange flavour and crunchy almonds. The lovely aroma comes out of the oven, makes you want to eat them straight away but they actually get better when cool and firm.
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 13-15 min Makes: 24 Biscuits
- 150g Anchor butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup coconut threads
- 1 ½ cups Harraways rolled oats
- 3/4 cup Alison’s Pantry Sliced Natural Almonds
- 1 orange, zest
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Heat oven to 180C. Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Melt butter and golden syrup together. Stir well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, coconut, oats and almonds, and mix well, ensuring there are no large lumps of brown sugar. Stir in orange zest.
- In a small cup or bowl, mix together orange juice and baking soda until soda has dissolved, then stir into melted butter mixture.
- Working quickly, pour foaming melted butter mixture into dry ingredients and stir until well combined (use your hands if you’re making a double batch, it’s easier!).
- Take handfuls of mixture (it will be very wet and sticky) and firmly squeeze into golf-ball-sized balls (about 35g). Place on a prepared tray with about 5cm between biscuits and press down to flatten.
- Bake biscuits for 13–15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on trays until firm enough to handle then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
You may like to try these Anzac Biscuits Variations