Crispy & Juicy Japanese Fried Chicken Karaage
Our crispy chicken karaage with sriracha mayo is seriously addictive. We use Diamond’s Hot ‘n spicy Coat ‘n Cook to make it super simple and super delish! Karaage (pronounced ka-ra-ah-geh) is a popular Japanese dish.
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 15 mins Serves: 4 (as a snack)
For the Karaage
- 1 box Diamond Hot ‘n Spicy Coat N Cook
- 4 Waitoa boneless chicken thighs, quartered
- 2 cups Olivado avocado cooking oil, for deep frying
For the sriracha mayo
- 1 lime, in wedges
- Emersons Orange Roughy Hazey Tropical Pale Ale
- Coat chicken thigh pieces in Coat ‘n Cook. Make sure each piece is completely covered with the spicy crumb.
- Heat the oil to medium hot (170C) in a heavy set pan or wok. Using tongs add a handful of chicken pieces to the oil, deep fry until crispy and cooked through (about 6 minutes). Carefully remove and lay on a paper towel lined rack. Repeat with the rest of the pieces.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the sriracha mayo. In a medium bowl mix together the mayonnaise, sriracha, lime juice, salt and chives.
- Serve the hot chicken karaage with sriracha mayo, the perfect match for Emerson’s Orange Roughy. Tuck in!