The Ultimate Lasagne (gluten free) Recipe
We’ve created the ultimate lasagne. The trick is using good quality meats, herbs and a splash of red wine, then cooking it slowly to bring out the flavours. (Pour yourself a glass while you make it.) Gluten free eaters can enjoy it too, with easy Diamond Gluten Free Lasagne Sheets that don’t need pre-cooking.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 2 hours Serves: 6-8
For the Meat Sauce
- 1 tbsp Olivado Avocado Oil infused with Basil
- 300g Pure South Beef Mince
- 300g Ground Pork
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 Leek, finely chopped
- 1 Carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Tomato Paste
- 1 x 340g jars of Chantal Organics Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- ½ cup Jacob’s Creek Barossa Signature Shiraz Vintage 2017
- ½ cup Beef Broth
- 1 tsp Airborne Clover Multifloral Honey
- 2 tbsp Superb Herb Rosemary and Thyme, finely chopped
For the Bechamel
- 150g Anchor Butter
- 4 ½ cups Anchor Milk
- 1 cups Gluten Free Flour
- 1 ½ cup Mainland Parmesan, grated
- Pinch of Mrs Rogers Nutmeg
- 12 sheets Diamond Gluten Free Lasagne
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Add carrot & leek and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Add pork and beef mince and cook for 5 minutes, stirring and breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Add tomato paste, pasta sauce, honey, red wine, broth, fresh rosemary and thyme, and simmer on low for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile make the bechamel sauce. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour then cook while stirring for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and slowly add the milk, whisking until smooth. Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Season to taste, add a pinch of nutmeg and half of the grated cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. In a large ovenproof lasagne dish pour and spread 1 ½ cups of meat sauce. Top with 1 cup of bechamel and a layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat for 2 more layers, finishing with bechamel sauce. Sprinkle top with remaining grated cheeses and bake for 45 minutes, until cooked and golden. Serve hot.