Tempeh Gado Gado Recipe
We’re totally in love with this tempeh gado gado. Gado gado is an Indonesian salad of lightly cooked vegetables, boiled egg and tofu/tempeh with peanut sauce. It’s quick and healthy for a midweek dinner – though we’ll happily eat it every day of the week! Serve with your prefered steamed veggies.
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 15 mins Serves: 4
- 500g Tonzu Organic Tempeh, cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tsp Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil
- 2 Brown Onions, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 250ml Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 100g Chantal Organics Smooth Peanut Butter
- Salt, to taste
- Microwave Pouch of SunRice Brown Rice
- Steamed Veggies (green beans, kale)
- Alison’s Pantry Natural Redskin Peanuts
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
- 1 Red Chilli, sliced
- 2 Woodland Eggs, soft boiled, peeled and halved
- 2 Radishes, thinly sliced
- A handful of Superb Herb coriander
- Fry tempeh slices in the oil for about 5 minutes while sprinkling over with tamari. Set aside.
- Make the peanut sauce by gently frying the onions and garlic, once the onions are translucent add the coconut milk, peanut butter, tamari and salt – adjust to your personal taste.
- Serve on a bed of rice with steamed vegetables of your choice and a sprinkle of peanuts on top. For a little bit of heat and zing add some lime wedges and slices of red chilli.