How to Make Salmon Avocado Sushi
Making sushi at home is fun, delicious and affordable. Plus you can add in all your fave ingredients. Salmon and Avocado are the golden combination for sushi, but this one takes them up a level with a generous amount of cream cheese. Simply delicious.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes Makes: 3 rolls
For the rice
- 1 cup SunRice Sushi Rice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
For the Filling
- 3 sheets nori
- 1/2 cucumber, in matchsticks
- Superb Herb Garlic Chives
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut in matchsticks
- 1 NZ Avocado
- 120g Smoked Salmon, sliced
- 80g Anchor Cream Cheese
- Pickled ginger
- Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce
- You will need a sushi bamboo rolling mat
- We used a Le Creuset Cocotte Every to cook the sushi rice
- For the sushi rice: Cook rice as per packet instructions
- To assemble: Place the seaweed on a bamboo mat, then cover the sheet of seaweed with an even layer of prepared sushi rice.
- Layer salmon, cream cheese, and avocado on the rice, and roll it up tightly. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into sushi rounds then serve with pickled ginger, wasabi and soy sauce if you like. Yum!
Try our NZ Sushi 3 Ways;