Beef Brisket Tacos with Grilled Avocado
Beef brisket tacos with grilled avocados are our new favourite yum. Seriously! Invite your mates over for this Mexican feast.
Prep time: 15 mins Cooking time: 3 ½ hours Serves: 4
For the Beef
- Silver Fern Farms Grass-Fed Beef Brisket (With Spice Rub)
- 2 tbsp Olivado Avocado Oil Infused with Chilli
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups Chantal Organics Tomato Passata
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tbsp DYC Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Airborne Clover Honey
For the Grilled Avocados
- 1/4 cup Superb Herb Coriander leaves and stems, chopped
- 2 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup jalapenos, sliced
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 3 limes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Corn tortillas, heated
We used a Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Casserole to cook the brisket
- For the Beef: Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Rub the spice mix all over the brisket until well coated.
- Heat oil in a casserole dish on medium to high heat then place the brisket fat-side down and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 mins. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook the red onion in the dish on medium heat until softened, about 5 mins. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute, stirring often so it doesn’t catch. Add the passata, beef stock, cider vinegar and honey to the dish, stir well, then remove from the heat.
- Place the brisket back in the dish, fat side up, then cover and bake for 3 hours, or until meat is very tender, basting every 30 minutes.
- Carefully place the cooked brisket on a chopping board and thinly slice against the grain. In a bowl mix brisket with ½ cup of sauce from the casserole.
- For the Grilled Avocados: halve and destone the avocados. Season with salt and lightly toss with oil and lime juice.
- Heat a skillet pan until very hot then carefully place the avocado halves on. Grill for 2 minutes on each side until charred.
- To Serve: serve the brisket on the tortillas with extra brisket sauce goodness. Top with radishes, cabbage, onion and a slice of grilled avocado. Garnish with fresh coriander and jalapenos. Squeeze over a little lime juice and dig in. ¡Qué rico! (Yum!)