Tasty Slow Cooked Beef & Cheese Melt Recipe
This slow cooked beef and cheese melt is beyond delicious and is our new favourite comfort food! Slow cooked meat is super tender and easy to make, just pop it on in the morning to eat these for dinner. If you have left over beef then let it cool and freeze in portions for future yums.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 6-8 hours Serves: 4
For the Slow Cooked Beef
- 1 Pure South Whole Beef Rump (1.3kg)
- 1 tbsp Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil
- 1 ½ cups Chantal Organics Tomato Sauce
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
For the Toasties
- 12 Slices Mainland Colby natural slices
- 1 pack Perfect Italiano Mozzarella, sliced
- 8 Slices Sourdough Bread
- Golden Sun gherkins
- Mainland Unsalted Butter
- slow cooker
- Breville Toast & Melt
- For the Slow Cooked Beef: Grease the slow cooker with oil. Cut beef in half and place in the slow cooker.
- Whisk together remaining beef ingredients and pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred beef with 2 forks.
- For the Toasties: Spread butter on the slices of bread. On a cutting board, place the bread butter side down then top with 3 slices of colby cheese, a serving of slow cooked beef, 3 slices of gherkins, then some slices of mozzarella cheese. Place a slice of bread on top, butter side up. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Heat your toastie machine or a large skillet over medium heat. Place 2 toasties (butter side down). Cook, until cheese has deliciously melted and bread is golden, about 5 mins. Repeat with remaining 2 toasties.