Keeping warm, nourished and healthy is key for our overall health and wellness for the time being; what better way to achieve this than to spice up your home cooking and add vibrant flavour with Kallø Organic Stock Cubes.
The organic stock cubes come in three flavours; Vegetable, Chicken and Beef and are all-natural to fit a healthy lifestyle; they tick all the boxes being coeliac-friendly, lactose-free and contains no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. They are available nationwide from health stores, specialty food stores and selected New World, Pak’ n save and Four-Square supermarkets.
Kallø believes in simple and sensible food that is beneficial for the planet and people without having to compromise on taste. Here are delicious Kallø Chickpea Spring Green Curry and Chicken Stir-fry recipes which include pantry staples and vegetables that are often on hand at home keeping it super simple.
Chickpea Spring Green Curry – A spicy treat with a little heat(main image)
Serves: 4 Cooking time:20 minutes
6 shallots, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
400ml coconut milk
1 Kallo Organic Vegetable Stock Pot, dissolved in 300ml boiling water
2-3 tbsp curry paste (to taste)
1 tsp sugar (white or brown)
480g cooked chickpeas (2 tins, drained weight)
2 large heads of spring greens, stalks discarded and finely sliced (or dark green cabbage) (250g prepared weight)
200g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A little fresh coriander
Plain rice to serve
How to make
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the shallots over a medium heat for around 5 minutes until they are softened and starting to colour a little. Add the garlic and fry for a further minute before pouring in the coconut milk and stock, stirring well to mix.
2. Stir through the curry paste, sugar and chickpeas. Bring up to the boil, season with a little salt and pepper, cover with a lid and simmer steadily for 10 minutes.
3. Add the greens and tomatoes, stirring well to coat them in the sauce. Re-cover with the lid and cook for a further 5-8 minutes, or until the greens are tender but with a little bite. Serve sprinkled with coriander and lemon wedges to squeeze over. Plain rice is the perfect accompaniment.
Lindsay’s amazing Chicken Stir-Fry Lock, stock and a sizzling wok
Serves: 4 Cooking time:30 minutes
3 chicken breasts, cubed or cut into strips
1 fresh leek, finely chopped
1 Kallo Chicken Stock Cubes, dissolved in 150ml boiling water
Red birds eye chillies to taste
2 garlic cloves
Slice of ginger
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp fish sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
Rice noodles (fresh straight to wok noodles)
Bag of prepared stir-fry vegetables
How to make
1. Cut the chicken into strips and fry in the sesame oil until sealed. Add 150ml of Kallo chicken stock and the fresh chillies to the cooked chicken and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
2. While the chicken is simmering, finely chop the leeks, garlic and ginger.
3. Drain the stock from the chicken into a bowl and save for later. Fry the chicken with the sesame oil, fish sauce and soy sauce. Add the vegetables, leeks, ginger, garlic and fry for 3 minutes.
4. Re-introduce the stock and fry for another 3 minutes.
5. Add the rice noodles and stir for 1 minute, serve immediately.