Lemon Chicken Drumsticks and Vegetable Casserole
Lemon and chicken is one of the most popular combos. Using the soup mix makes this casserole super easy and tasty.
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 1 hour 15 min Serves: 4
- 2 tablespoons Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil
- 9 Waitoa Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 packet King Soup Country Chicken Soup Mix
- 1 lemon, juice and thin strips of peel
- ½ cup white wine, Brancott Estate Pinot Gris
- 3 cups hot water
Beer Match: Emerson’s Big Rig APA
We made our casserole in Le Creuset Signature Cast iron Low Round Casserole
- Preheat the oven to a fan grill setting.
- Place chicken drumsticks in a cast iron casserole dish. Drizzle oil all over the chicken and place under a hot grill for 5-7 minutes each side until the chicken is brown all over. Alternatively, you can brown the chicken on the stove top. Heat oil in a casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the chicken and brown on all sides until well coloured.
- Reset the oven to 200C fan bake setting.
- Add the soup mix around the chicken and the lemon peel.
- Pour the wine and hot water into the casserole. Make sure all the soup mix is covered in liquid. If not, add a little more hot water.
- Bake uncovered in the oven for 1 hour.
- Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Scatter the extra lemon peel, pesto sauce and basil leaves to serve.
- Well chilled American style pale ale goes very well with the citrusy chicken.