Simple Indulgent Mocha Soufflés
People can sometimes be scared to attempt soufflés but we love this Mocha Soufflé recipe . It is really quite simple and impressive to boot.
Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 12 minutes Serves: 6
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 35g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 80ml water
- 6 Woodland egg whites
- 100g caster sugar plus extra to sprinkle on the ramekins
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- Extra cocoa powder to dust
We made our Souffles in Le Creuset Stoneware Ramekins 9cm.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C.
- Place the cocoa and coffee in a saucepan with 80 ml water and stir over low heat until dissolved. Let cool.
- Butter well 6 ramekins and sprinkle the inside with extra caster sugar shaking off any excess.
- Whisk the egg whites in an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Slowly add the caster sugar and cream of tartar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold a little egg white into the mocha mixture then add mixture to remaining egg whites .Fold in to just combine keeping as much air in the mixture as possible.
- Fill each ramekin to the top. Place on a baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen.
- Dust with extra cocoa and serve immediately.