Slow Cooked Beef in Beer Casserole
Slow Cooker Beef Casserole is a perfect family dinner. Dark beer gives a deep nut-like flavour to the beef. Hearty and warming to come home to. Ready in 4 hours, but there is no harm if you leave it on for longer.
Prep time: 10 mim Cook time: 4 hours. Serves: 4
- 3 red onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 750g Pure South Beef, diced in 3cm cubes
- 3 Superb Herb bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of Superb Herb rosemary
- 1 cup Emerson’s London Porter dark beer
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon Delmaine wholegrain mustard
- ½ cup Delmaine Manuka BBQ sauce
- Arrange the onions and garlic in the base of a slow cooker, and add the beef and herbs.
- Whisk together the beer, beef stock, cornflour, mustard and BBQ sauce.
- Pour the beer mix over the beef and cook on high for 2 hours (leave the slow cooker on ‘auto’ if leaving all day).
- Stir and cook for a further 2 hours or until tender and saucy. Don’t worry if you go over – just make sure you have enough liquid in the slow cooker.
- Serve the beef casserole on soft mashed potatoes accompanied by fresh seasonal vegetables.