Brilliant Beer Battered Banana Fritters
A three layered ball of yum. First, you bite into the crispiness of the shell, then meet the sweet soft donut layer. Inside is a creamy hot banana. Everybody will love these happy banana bombs. Just brilliant!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Serve: 4-6
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 330ml Emerson’s Beer 1812 Pale Ale
- 4 Dole bananas, peeled and sliced into chunks
- Olivado Liquid Coconut Oil for deep frying
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Start heating oil for deep frying to medium hot (180C).
- Shift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and cold beer. Gently mix until well combined.
- Drop a teaspoon of batter into oil. If it floats straight to the top, oil is ready for cooking.
- Dip a piece of banana in the batter, coating it well. Gently drop into oil. Repeat until about half the oil surface is occupied by the cooking fritters. Do not over crowd the oil. Once the batter is golden, flip over to cook on the other side (about a minute on each side).
- Once the banana fritter is golden on both sides, remove from oil with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Cook all the fritters in batches.
- Mix icing sugar and cinnamon. Dust the fritters with cinnamon sugar. Devor white hot!
Tip: Serve with some toffee ice cream to elevate it to a heavenly dessert.