Super Quick Tuna Mayo Fried Rice
With only 5 pantry staples you can create a tasty meal in a flash. In this recipe, we use mayonnaise instead of oil to make our fried rice lighter and tastier. Shredded lettuce adds the fresh crunchy texture to the dish.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 7 minutes Serves: 2
- 1 SunRice microwave pouch steamed long grain rice
- 2 Woodland Eggs,
- ½ The Fresh Grower Sweet Petit Cos, shredded
- 1 tin John West Tuna in spring water, drained
- 2 tsp Best Foods Mayonnaise
We cooked the fried rice in Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick Deep Frying Pan
- Heat the rice as per pouch instructions.
- Put a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add mayonnaise. When the mayo starts to melt add the warm rice. Stir fry for 1 minutes until well mixed.
- Move the rice to one side of the pan. Pour the beaten egg on the empty side. Stir fry eggs and rice, gradually mixing together.
- Add tuna and mix through, then lettuce just before removing from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Garnish with spring onions. Serve with more mayonnaise and soy sauce if desired.