Easy Chicken Miso Katsu Don
This is an easy one bowl (Don means “large bowl” in Japanese) meal perfect for a busy midweek dinner. Sweet & savoury miso sauce compliments very well with the succulent and juicy chicken katsu that is served on top of gingerly salad and garlicky brown rice & buckwheat goodness.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 box Waitoa Chicken Original Tenders
- 2 pouches SunRice Steamed Brown Rice & Buckwheat Infused with Hainanese Chicken Flavours
- 2 cups Taylor Farms Chopped Salad Kit Asian (with ginger soy dressing)
For Miso sauce
- 4 tbsp miso
- 4 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Panda Oyster Sauce
- 2 tsp Airborne Multifloral Manuka Honey
- 1 tbsp Fresh Life sesame seeds (lightly toasted)
- 1 spring onion, sliced thinly
Beer Match : Emerson’s Orange Roughy
- Cook the chicken tenders according to the packet instructions.
- In a small saucepan add all the ingredients for miso sauce. Cook over low heat stirring until the sauce starts to bubble and slightly thicken. Let cool.
- Heat the brown rice according to the pouch instructions.
- Dress the salad.
- In 4 individual bowls, serve rice topped with dressed salad and chicken. Pour over the miso sauce. Sprinkle spring onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve with chilled hoppy pale ale. Enjoy!