Mushroom and Beef Spag Bol
If you are trying to cut down your meat intake, then why not mix chopped mushroom to the mince. 50/50 blend would work very well adding the lovely mushroom flavour to the bolognese while reducing the meat intake but not totally removing the goodness of meat.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Serves: 6
- 375g Pure South Beef Mince
- 375g Meadows Portabello Mushrooms, chopped in Food Processor
- 1 F. Whitlock & Sons Killer Sauce for Spag Bol
- 1 packet Diamond Spaghetti
- 2 tbsp Olivado Olive oil + more for the spaghetti
- Chop mushrooms in a food processor to make them resemble mince.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and mince, cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes until the mince change colour. Mix in the sauce for spag bol. Cover the pan and lower heat. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain, drizzle a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Serve Bolognese sauce over spaghetti.