Oyster Sauce Meatball Bao
Perfect for a casual family dinner. Delicious Asian-inspired meatballs served in soft fluffy bao buns with seasonal fresh salad vegetables. Oyster sauce is such a versatile seasoning. It’s deep umami instantly lifts any dish to the next level.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Serves: 4
For the meat balls
- 400g pork mince
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup coriander, chopped
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tbsp Panda Oyster Sauce
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil for cooking
For the sauce
- 3 tbsp Panda Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 small piece (3cm) fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp water
For the Bao
- 8 Bao buns, steamed
- salad vegetables; lettuce, carrot, cucumber, radish, red onion, sprouts, coriander, avocado, tomato
- Mayonnaise, Sweet Chilli Sauce,
- Fresh chilli – optional
- In a large bowl, mix all the meatball ingredients together and form into meatballs.
- In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients.
- Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook until they’re cooked through and browned.
- Pour the sauce all over the meatballs and continue to cook until the sauce has thickened. Ensure to stir through the meatballs so they have a good coating of sauce on them.
- Serve the meatballs on bao buns with the salad vegetables and mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce and fresh chilli if you like.