Speedy Smoked Salmon & Spinach Fettuccine
This pasta is easy to make and sure to impress your dinner guests. Best of all it’s ready in 30 minutes. We serve ours with cheesy baked bread, for extra deliciousness.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Serves: 2
- 200g Regal Marlborough King Wood Roasted Salmon
- 2 tbsp Caper Berries, stems removed, sliced in halves
- 2 cups Baby Spinach Leaves
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1/2 Lemon, zest only
- 1 1/2 cups Cream
- 3/4 cup White Wine
- 1/4 cup Parsley, roughly chopped
- 300g Fresh Fettuccine
- Salt & Pepper
For the Cheesy Bread:
- 4 Slices Sourdough
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella, grated
- 1/3 cup Pesto
- 1 Lemon, cut into wedges
- Handful Fresh Parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add garlic and caper berries and cook for 1 minute. Add cream, wine, parsley and lemon zest and bring to a gentle simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Turn down heat and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Bring water to boil in a large pot for the pasta. Add a teaspoon of salt and a generous glug of olive oil. Once boiling add fresh fettuccine. Stir occasionally and cook until al dente, about 3 minutes.
- Drain cooked pasta and add to the frying pan with sauce. Stir in baby spinach leaves and gand toss until spinach has wilted.
- Peel salmon skins off, then break up salmon into large pieces and place on top of pasta.
- Preheat the grill to 220C. Place sourdough slices on a lined baking tray. Spread with pesto and heap with mozzarella cheese. Pop under the grill for 5 minutes, or until golden and melted.
- Serve with fresh herbs, lemon wedges and the cheesy baked bread.