Pork Sausage Lasagne Rollups
An interesting twist on the family favourite lasagne. These delicious pork sausage lasagne rollups will become your new family dinner dish of choice. A must try!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 80 minutes Serves: 4
For the red sausage sauce:
- 6 Hellers Free Farmed Pork sausage, skin removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Superb Herb rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can Chantal Organics chopped tomato
We baked these pork sausage lasagne rollups in a Le Creuset Stoneware Heritage Deep Rectangular dish.
- Soak the lasagne sheets in a large pot of slightly salted-boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Refresh with running water, then Set aside. Sprinkle some avocado oil to prevent sticking to each other.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Heat oil in a large casserole dish over medium heat. Add onion, stir fry for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the sausage, rosemary and garlic and cook, breaking the sausage up with a wooden spoon, for 3-4 minutes until the sausage is browned.
- Pour wine and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes until slightly reduced. Add tomato paste and stir, then add tomatoes. Season and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes until reduced.
- Process the spinach, egg, ricotta,parmesan and a little salt and pepper to make the filling.
- Spread the ragu evenly at the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- On non stick baking paper, lay out the cooked lasagne sheet and spread with even thick layers of spinach/ricotta mix. Roll up and lay on top of the ragu. Top with mozzarella cheese and parsley and bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve hot with a side salad!