Lamb Noodle Lettuce Cups
Crispy fresh lettuce cups filled with spicy Asian lamb mince, noodles and fresh herbs. These quick and easy little cups of heaven are perfect all year round and are sure to impress your guests!
Prep time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
- 250g Pure South lamb mince
- 2 packs egg noodles
- 1 tsp beef marrow fat
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 tbsp ginger – minced
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Panda oyster sauce
- 3 The Fresh Grower sweet petite cos lettuce
- A handful of Superb Herb mint
- A handful of Superb Herb coriander
- 1 spring onion – thinly sliced
- 150g Alison’s Pantry toasted peanuts – chopped
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Place the honey, garlic, ginger, 1 tbsp sriracha, 1 tbsp of soy sauce and mince in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat the beef marrow in a wok or large frying pan over high heat, add the lamb mince mixture and cook, stirring and breaking apart until sticky and golden brown.
- Add the oyster sauce and cook for a further 2–3 minutes until combined. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same pan, fry off the cooked noodles in the remaining fat until they are golden and crispy but still a little soft. Add the soy sauce and fry off for a further 2 minutes.
- Divide the noodles between the lettuce leaves and top with the lamb, fresh herbs, sriracha, spring onion and peanuts.