Super Easy Spicy Mexican Rice & Eggs
Need a hearty breakfast or an easy lunch? Then make our flavoursome spicy Mexican rice and eggs. It’s packed with delicious protein and punchy flavours.
Prep time: 5-10 mins Cooking time: 15 mins Serves: 4
- 1 pouch of SunRice Brown Rice & Red Rice Infused With Chilli & Garlic
- 1 can Chantal Organics Black Beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can Chantal Organics Mexican Beans
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 4 Woodland Eggs
- 2 tbsp Olivado Avocado With Chilli Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Honey
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 NZ Avocados, scooped & sliced
- Large handful of Superb Herb Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan or wok over medium heat. Fry diced onion and garlic for 5 minutes, until translucent. Meanwhile, heat rice in the microwave as per packet instructions.
- Pour rice into the pan and fry for 3 minutes with chipotle, cumin powder and honey, adding oil if necessary. Add both types of beans and chopped tomatoes and bring to a gentle simmer. Pour into a bowl and clean pan/ wok to cook the eggs.
- Fry eggs in oil until whites are cooked. Season with salt & pepper then remove from heat.
- Serve rice mix with fried eggs. Garnish with fresh coriander, avocado slices and lime wedges.