10-minute Spiced Tea & Banana Rice Pudding
A quick rice pudding recipe using microwave basmati rice with fragrant milk and banana. This is a true comfort food that warms the heart and the soul.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Serves: 4
- 4 Ripe Dole Bananas
- 2 SunRice Quick Cups Basmati Rice
- 2 cups Anchor Blue top milk + 1 tbsp
- 2 tea bags – Earl Grey
- 1 tsp Mrs. Rogers ground cinnamon + extra for serving
- 2 star anise
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 -2 tbsp Airborne liquid honey
- Place 2 cups of milk, tea bags, star anise, honey, cinnamon and rice in a saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat. Turn down the heat to let it simmer, stirring for 5-6 minutes. Remove the tea bag and star anise.
- Mix corn flour and 1 tbsp milk in a small bowl until smooth; add to the pudding. Continue cooking, stirring often, until the mixture is creamy for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, mash 2 bananas in a small bowl. Stir the mashed banana into the pudding.
- Serve the pudding warm topped with sliced banana and sprinkle extra cinnamon.
Tip; Top with your favourite nuts and fruits, such as shredded coconut and walnuts for added texture.