Simple & Delicious Chicken Soup Recipe
This chicken soup recipe will certainly become a favourite. A soup you will roll out each winter to warm the cockles of your soul. Packed with herbs, gorgeous veggies and deliciously thick and creamy, this chicken soup is healthy and filling.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes Serves: 4
- 50g Anchor butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 50g flour
- 1 litre Campbells chicken stock
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small courgettes, thickly sliced
- 1 can creamed corn (400g)– this is the secret ingredient, so don’t skip it
- 2 Waitoa Chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
- A handful of Superb Herb Thyme, Oregano and Sage, chopped
- A dash of Anchor cream
Serve with Croutons
- Melt the butter in a large pot and sweat the onion until translucent but not brown.
- Make a roux by stirring in the flour and cook until lightly coloured. Let cool for several minutes.
- Gradually stir in the hot stock. Add the mushrooms, courgettes, carrots, creamed corn, diced chicken breast and mixed herbs.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to simmer for about 30 minutes until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in your desired amount of cream, season with cracked pepper and salt, add herbs as desired and serve with croutons. To make croutons, shallow fry cubed bread in olive oil until crispy and golden.