Salmon Asparagus Soba Noodles
This tasty Asian inspired soba noodle dish is bursting with different flavours! A great dish for summer or for whenever you’re feeling like the flavours if the orient.
- 2 pieces of fresh salmon (each weighing 100-150g), skin and bones removed
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Chilli Sauce (We love Barker’s)
- 2 packets pre-cooked soba noodles or 2 bunches dried soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (Olivado Virgin Sesame oil is great)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, sliced diagonally
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly
- A handful of baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee Premium Dark)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Sweet basil
- Lee Kum Kee Sriracha Mayo
- Marinade the salmon pieces in sweet chili sauce for at least 1 hour. Cook pieces of salmon on a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the fish completely.
- Cool the fish, then roughly flake. Set aside.
- Cook soba noodles in a large pot of boiling water according to packet instructions. Add asparagus to the soba cooking pot just before the noodles are ready so that asparagus get blanched lightly. Rinse under cold running water. Drain. Toss with 2 teaspoons of sesame oil. Set aside.
- Mix ingredients for the dressing. Stir well.
- Place cooled noodles, asparagus, salmon, spring onion, spinach and dressing into a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Divide noodles between 2 bowls. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, garnish with sweet basil leaves. Serve immediately with Sriracha Mayo for an extra kick.