Moroccan Fragrant Lamb and Date Tagine
This is the perfect warming Moroccan style meal served with couscous. Substantial and satisfying, yet light feel.
Prep Time : 10 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes Serves: 4
- 500g Pure South Cap Off Lamb Rump, diced
- 1 tbsp Olivado organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300g kumara, cut into small chunks
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tsp Mrs. Rogers ground coriander
- 1 tsp Mrs. Rogers ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp Mrs Rogers Moroccan Ras El Hanout
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics tomato paste
- 8-10 Fresh Life Medjool Dates, cut in half and pit removed
- 2 tbsp Superb Herb Fresh Coriander
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds, optional, to garnish
We used a Le Creuset Classic Cast Iron Tagine
- Heat the oil in a tagine or a large pan, add the onion and lamb, then quickly fry until the lamb is lightly browned.
- Add the kumara, capsicum and spices, then mix well. Pour in 1 ½ cup boiling water and the tomato paste, then bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until kumara and lamb are tender, add the dates and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander and pomegranate seeds.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the packet instructions.
- Serve the tagine with couscous topped with almonds.