Baked Salmon on Leek & Fennel with Mustard Vinaigrette
A simple everyday dish but sure to impress your friends and family. The fresh Dijon mustard dressing gives a lovely creamy kick to the salmon.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Serves: 4
- 4 portion of Regal fresh salmon fillets, 130-150g each, bone and skin removed
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced thinly, reserve the fronds
- 1 tbsp Olivado extra virgin olive oil
For the Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 tbp DYC white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp Delmaine Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Airborne liquid honey
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- A pinch black pepper
- ½ cup Olivado extra virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp fennel fronds, chopped
Serve with SunRice Steamed Brown Rice & Quinoa
- Preheat the oven 200C.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the leeks and fennel and fry for a few minutes. Lower the heat, cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until soft but not coloured. Spoon in an ovenproof dish.
- Place the salmon on top of the leek & fennel, season lightly with salt and black pepper. Scatter some fennel fronds and bake for 12–15 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked.
- While the fish is in the oven mix all the ingredients for the mustard vinaigrette.
- Serve the salmon with leeks & fennel drizzled with the vinaigrette accompanied by brown rice & quinoa.