Penne Ragu Bianco (White Meat Sauce Pasta)
Ragu Bianco is a meat sauce made without tomatoes. This ultra tasty meat lover’s ragu sauce goes better with bold chewy pasta such as Penne than smooth spaghetti. Enjoy this everyday pasta dish today and any day. Kids will love it too.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Serves: 4
- 400g Pure South Premium Beef mince
- 100g pork sausage, skin removed
- 50g pancetta or bacon, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup
- 1 sprig Superb Herb Rosemary, leaves chopped
- A handful of Superb Herb Sage, leaves chopped
- 1 Superb Herb Bay Leaf
- 4 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 cup Beef Stock + ½ cup extra
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A handful Superb Herb Basil, leaves torn
- 350g Diamond Penne
- 100g asparagus, ends snapped off, sliced diagonally into 3cm pieces and lightly blanched
- ½ cup Perfect Italiano grated Parmesan cheese
- Extra Superb Herb Basil to garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute the onion, carrot and celery in the olive oil until the onions are translucent. Add the rosemary and sage. Add the sausage, pancetta, and beef mince. Cook until the juices run off, breaking apart with a fork.
- Add the wine and cook for a few minutes until slightly reduced. Add 1 cup of the beef stock, garlic, the bay leaf and black pepper. Cover and
- over low heat for 50 minutes, adding some more stock if needed along the way. Just before finishing cooking add the basil and mix through.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne according to the packet instructions to al dente.
- Mix through some of the ragu sauce with pasta. Place in individual serving bowls, top with more white ragu, blanched asparagus and parmesan cheese. Bon Appetit!