Penne with Broccolini, Pork Sausage, Lemon Zest & Ricotta
A delicious summer penne featuring caramelized pork sausage, crunchy broccolini, zesty lemon and fragrant thyme. This quick and easy pasta recipe has all the feels and will be sure to impress the whole family!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 packet Diamond penne pasta
- Olivado Olive oil to drizzle
- 1 packet pork sausage – skin removed
- 100g The Fresh Growersweet stem broccoli, thinly sliced
- A handful of Superb Herb fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup Perfect Italiano ricotta
- 1 lemon – zest grated and juice
- A handful of Perfect Italiano parmesan
- Olivado Extra virgin avocado oil with lemon zest
Ara sauvignon blanc to match
We used a Le Creuset deep heavy based pan to make our pasta
- Cook the Penne as per packet instructions – reserve ¼ cup of pasta cooking water.
- In a deep heavy based saucepan over a medium heat, fry off the sausage meat in little chunks in a drizzle of olive oil. Fry until almost golden – about 5 minutes.
- Add the thinly sliced broccolini, thyme and garlic and fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the white wine and continue cooking until the liquid is evaporated.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sausage pan. Mix. Then fold the ricotta, lemon zest & juice and pasta water through until well incorporated.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan, a drizzle of Avocado lemon Zest Oil and some extra thyme.