Rocket, Pear, Walnut, & Blue Cheese Salad
Crunchy pears provide the best texture for this salad. You could also add some crispy bacon if you like.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Serves: 4
- 2 tsp Airborne Honey’s manuka and wildflower honey
- 1/3 cup Olivado extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp D.Y.C white wine vinegar
- 2 pears
- 3 cups baby rocket leaves
- 100g Kapiti blue cheese
- ¾ cup walnuts, lighted toasted
- 1/2 pack free-range streaky bacon(Hellers Danish streaky bacon)-optional
We used a Le Creuset non-stick frying pan.
- Fry off the streaky bacon until crispy & golden in a non-stick fry pan.
- Mix honey, extra-virgin olive oil and white wine vinegar together in a small bowl.
- Remove cores from the pears and slice thinly, leaving skin on. Place pears in a bowl and pour over the dressing.
- Combine rocket leaves, crumbled blue cheese and walnuts on a serving platter.
- Chop the bacon and add to the salad.
- Scatter salad with ripe pears, drizzle over extra dressing and serve.