Delicious Beef Steak Tagliata with Rocket Salad
Looking for a delicious steak recipe? This is a healthier Italian-style combination of seared steak, peppery rocket salad with rich balsamic dressing.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 14 minutes Serves: 5
For the Tagliata
- 2 Pure South Beef Rump Steaks, thick (3.5 cm) & weight 400g each
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 2 sprig Superb Herb Rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 3 sprigs Superb Herb Oregano, leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for the bbq
- 2 tbsp Brancott Estate Hawke’s Bay 2019 Merlot
- Sea Salt and freshly grounded black pepper
For the Rocket Salad
- 100g Baby Leaf Rocket
- ½ small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered and whole
- 3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- Take the steaks out of the fridge to let them come to room temperature. Drizzle steaks with olive oil then rub with garlic, rosemary and oregano on both sides. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat the bbq to high heat. Place the steaks down on the fat and render the fat for 3 minutes, then sear on each side for 4-6 minutes with lid down, or until cooked to your liking. Pour the red wine over, being careful of the flames, then remove the steaks and rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour the meat juices into a bowl for the dressing then add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, crushed garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Thinly slice the steaks on a chopping board.
- Lay rocket on a platter, then add tomatoes, red onion and steak slices. Drizzle with dressing and dig in.