Beautiful Orange and Lemon Cake
A beautifully moist but light citrus cake recipe with a hint of nutty flavour. Macadamia oil makes the cake lighter. Gluten free friendly.
Prep Time : 45 minutes + cooling Cook time : 1 hour Make : 1X 20cm round cake
- 1 large lemon
- 3 large oranges, 2 cut into thin rounds
- ½ cup Olivado Extra Virgin Macadamia Nut Oil
- 4 Woodland Free Range Eggs
- 175g raw sugar
- 175g Fresh Life ground almonds
- 2 tsp Chantal Organics baking powder
- 2 tsp Taylor Pass New Zealand Beech Honeydew Honey
Lemon Yoghurt Graze
- 1 cup Greek Yoghurt
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup Fresh Life Macadamia Nuts
- 1 tbsp Taylor Pass New Zealand Beech Honeydew Honey
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- Line a 20cm cake tin and heat oven to 170°C.
- Place washed whole orange and lemon in a saucepan and cover with water. Boil for 30 minutes then remove and allow to cool.
- Blend boiled orange and lemon in a food processor until mushy. Add the oil, raw sugar, eggs, ground almonds and baking powder and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle honey into cake tin then line with orange slices. Spoon batter into prepared tin and bake for 40 mins.
- Candied Macadamia : In a small bowl, combine macadamias, honey and sugar. Toss to make each macadamia completely covered with the honey and sugar. On a lined baking tray, place macadamias in a single layer (separate them) and place in the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes until caramelised and golden brown. Cool & set aside.
- Lemon Yoghurt Graze : In a bowl, mix yoghurt, icing sugar and grated lemon zest. Cover and rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Decorate the cake with yoghurt graze, lemon peel and candied macadamias.