Beautiful BBQ Scallops & Prawns with Brown Butter
There’s not much better than prawns on the barbie…. Apart from scallops & prawns with brown butter & grilled lemons! Pair them with a cold beer and all will be well in the world! Brown butter is magical and really elevates the dish, whilst grilling the lemons releases extra citrus flavor.
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 mins Serves: 4, as a starter
- 12 Sea Cuisine Scallops
- 12 Sea Cuisine Raw Whole Tiger Prawns, shelled
- 2 lemons, cut in halves
- Handful Superb Herb Chives, finely chopped
- A pinch Mrs Rogers Himalayan Pink Salt
- A Drizzle Olivado Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Mainland Unsalted Butter, cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons Delmaine Capers, drained
- Emersons’s Orange Roughy Hazy Tropical Pale Ale
- Heat the BBQ up to a medium-high heat.
- Drizzle the hot plate or non stick pan with olive oil, dust the scallops & prawns with salt & pepper and sear on both sides, roughly 1-2 minutes on each side so the scallops are golden and charred and the prawns are pink but not overcooked.
- In a pan on the BBQ melt the unsalted butter and add the capers. Stir until it starts to foam and turn brown, just as it starts to turn brown add a squeeze of lemon. Season with salt and a sprinkle of chopped chives. Drizzle over prawns and scallops and serve with lemons and a cold beer. Divine.