Beef Huevos Rancheros
Huevos Rancheros is a common breakfast in Mexico, the name means ‘ranch eggs’. Beef huevos rancheros work so well for a hearty weekend brunch.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 30 mins Serves: 6
- 1 tbsp Olivado Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1kg Pure South Premium Beef Mince
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 2 cans Chantal Organics Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 cup Fresh tomatoes, halved & quartered
- 1 Large red chilli, chopped (optional)
- 6 Woodland Free Range Eggs
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and fry until translucent, about 4 mins. Add garlic and mince and stir until browned, breaking the mince up with a spatula. Add smoked paprika, cumin, coriander, chopped fresh & canned tomatoes and fresh chilli and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make six wells in the tomato mince mix and break an egg into each. Cook with the lid on for 3 minutes, until the egg whites are cooked or the eggs are to your liking. Sprinkle with chilli flakes (optional).
- To serve: Scoop eggs and mince onto warmed tortillas. Top with avocado slices and fresh parsley. Delicioso!