Lamb Bacon & Egg Sandwich with Caramelised Onions
We love a deluxe breakfast sandwich. You can caramelise the onions the evening before (they are delicious with many meals!) and then cook the lamb bacon and eggs on the barbeque for a quick hearty breakfast.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 45 mins Serves: 4
- 12 Te Mana Lamb Artisan Bacon rashers
- Olivado Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 4 Woodland Free Range Eggs
- 1 NZ Avocado, sliced
- Handful of Superb Herb Crazy Peas
- ½ cup Rocket leaves
- 8 slices Sourdough
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Salt & pepper
For the Caramelised Onions
- 2 red onions, in thin slices
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp Olivado Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- For the Caramelised Onions: Heat oil in a large frying pan over low heat. Add butter, onions, sugar and balsamic vinegar and fry for 20-30 minutes, until caramelised, stirring often. Set aside.
- Slather half the mayonnaise onto the sourdough slices, then set aside for the bbq.
- Preheat the barbeque. Drizzle barbeque with oil. Fry the eggs sunny side up on the flat plate of the barbeque. Fry the lamb bacon for 2-3 minutes on each side, until crispy and cooked. Fry the bread until hot.
- To assemble: Slather bread with the remaining mayonnaise. Spoon caramelised onions onto the bread, then top with rocket, avocado slices, lamb bacon, crazy peas and a fried egg. Season with salt and pepper then dig in. Delicious!