Eggs Benedict with Easy Hollandaise Sauce
This scrummy eggs benedict recipe is perfect for Sunday mornings with the papers, a coffee and the love of your life.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time:10 minutes Serves: 4
- 4 sourdough buns, sliced in halves and lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 8 Woodland Free Range Eggs
- 2 tbsp DYC white vinegar
- 8 slices Regal Cold Smoked Salmon
- 1 NZ avocado, sliced
For the easy Hollandaise sauce
- 3 Woodland Free Range Egg Yolks
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- A pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ cup melted butter
- Make the Hollandaise sauce. Melt the butter in a microwave for about 1 minute until hot. Make sure you do this using a microwave proof jug covered with a plate.
- Combine the egg yolks, lemon juice, mustard, salt and cayenne pepper into a blender and blend for 10 seconds.
- Slowly stream in the hot butter into the mixture as the blender is running. Pour the sauce into a small jar and set aside
- Make the poached eggs: Bring a deep non stick frying pan of water to boil. Add the vinegar and a generous pinch of salt. Reduce the temperature so the water is simmering. Very gently break the eggs into the water, as close to the water as possible without burning yourself. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the whites are cooked, or to your preference. Remove poached eggs with a slotted spoon then drain on a paper towel and set aside.You may need to poach eggs in batches.
- Split sourdough buns in half, toast and spread with mayonnaise. Arrange on individual serving plates. Top with avocado, smoked salmon and poached eggs.
- Smother with Hollandaise sauce, garnish and serve immediately.