Egg Guacamole Salad Wraps
Guacamole and eggs make for a colourful and creamy pairing. Here’s a wrap recipe to try for breakfasts or for picnic lunches.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time:12 minutes Serves: 4
- 4 large Woodland Free Range Eggs
- 2 large NZ avocados, pitted and flesh scooped out
- 1 lime, juice
½ small red onion, finely diced,
- 3 tbsp Superb Herb Coriander, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 green chilli, chopped (optional)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 1 head baby cos lettuce, separated
- 4 Wraps (we used spinach wraps)
- ¼ cup Fresh Life Walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Extra Superb Herb coriander
- Make boiled eggs: Place eggs in a pot and cover with water. Bring water and eggs to a boil. Cover pot and turn off the heat. Leave it for 12 minutes. Drain hot water and replace with cold. Repeat this a few times until eggs are cool. Peel eggs and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, place avocado, lime juice, garlic and chilli (if using). Combine with a fork, mashing avocado and thoroughly mixing ingredients. It’s okay to leave the mixture a little chunky.
- Add onion, tomatoes, coriander and salt to the avocado mixture. Mix well. Season to taste.
- Roughly chop the boiled eggs and fold them into the avocado mixture gently.
- Place a wrap on a plate, then fill with lettuce, egg guacamole mix, walnuts and extra coriander. Yum!