Pineapple & Rosemary Syrup
We love this surprisingly delicious pineapple & rosemary syrup for spritzers and cocktails. Pour the syrup into cute bottles with rosemary sprigs for thoughtful and unique Xmas gifts.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 25 mins Makes:4 small bottles
- 1kg Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple, peeled and chopped
- 3 Superb Herb Rosemary sprigs
- 1 cup Caster sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Limes, juiced
- Blend the pineapple until smooth then strain into a saucepan.
- Add sugar, water and lime juice to the saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes, until reduced to a gorgeous syrup. Skim the foam off as needed.
- Pop a rosemary sprig into small bottles and jars, then pour the syrup in. Once cool, store in the fridge.
If you want to keep these for a few months in the pantry then chop the rosemary and add to the simmering syrup, then strain and pour into sterilized bottles.