Pistachio & Almond Macaroons
What’s better than delicious macaroons? Zesty and nutty ones for presents! We love these easy crunchy chewy macaroons for every occasion.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 25 mins Makes: 24
- 3 Woodland Free Range Eggs, whites only
- 2 cups Fresh Life Ground Almonds
- 1 ½ cups Fresh Life Pistachios
- 1 cup Caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Lime zest
- 200g Chocolate, melted (optional)
- 3 tbsp Freeze-dried raspberries, crushed for garnish (optional)
- Line two oven trays with non-stick baking paper. Preheat the oven to 160C (fan forced).
- Blend pistachio nuts on high speed until flour-like. Measure out 1 cup for the macaroon mix (the rest is for garnish).
- In a large mixing bowl mix ground almonds, pistachios, lime zest and sugar together.
- In a stand alone mixer or large bowl slowly beat the egg whites until just fluffy. Slowly add the egg white mixture to the dry mix.
- Place small tablespoon sized balls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving space between each one.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden (they’ll firm up as they cool). Let cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a dish then dunk half of each macaroon in, drizzle with chocolate, then garnish with leftover pistachios and/or raspberries. Pop in the fridge to set.
- Devour the gorgeous macaroons with a cup of tea or coffee, or pack into cute jars or boxes for festive gifts (best to store in the fridge).